Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tribute: My Dad

Dear Dad,

On Father's Day, I want to say that I love you. You have been a major support system in my life. And I don't mean just financially! You have always been a great encourager, protector, comedian, friend, and tender-hearted. You always knew what to say at the right time - especially during the really hard conversations! (Gotta love the serious/silliness techniques). I know I haven't always been the easiest child to parent, but I sure appreciate every single thing you did to make my life easier. Thank you for working so hard and sacrificing things for Joel and I. I know he sure appreciates everything you and mom have done for him over the years as well!

One of my fondest memories of us is when we lived in Colorado Springs. Sometimes when mom and I would wait for you to get out of work, you would let me sit in the semi truck with you and let me "steer" the wheel. I will never forget that! I thought I was so cool. Another one of my fondest memories was when we drove all the way through Illinois to the southern tip of Wisconsin to drop of a mold for Uncle Steve. When we were in Illinois, we stopped in and saw your family. I will never forget Grandpa K telling me, "Boy your a big girl!" and how he said it made it sound like I was 500lbs! Haha. I loved being able to spend that much Daddy/Daughter time. I also remember the time when I wrecked my car and you spent the whole morning taking it apart and fixing the radiator. That really meant alot to me.

But one of my favorite memories was when Stephen asked you if he could marry me. I wasn't there, but I heard you said with a straight face, "If you hurt my daughter, I'll kill ya." And you couldn't hold in the laughter but 10 seconds. And then we come to my wedding. How handsome you looked in the suit. I know it was stressful with your fittings and even just the wedding planning period. But thank you for giving me the privilege of walking down the aisle with me.

If there was only one think that I could thank you for it would be for what an example you have been and are to Stephen. Thank you for showing him what a true, godly man looks like. Ironically, I married someone with your sense of humor as well! It's just been such a blessing to have you in my and our life. Thank you so very much!!

Dad, I will always be your little girl and I want you to know that I love you very much.

Happy Father's Day!!

PS....I wish I had a photo of us when I was younger with me to post. :) 

Your Daughter,



No comments: