Friday, June 17, 2011

Thrifty Never Felt So Good

Yesterday while I was doing my 100th scroll through Craigslist, something set caught my eye. Someone was selling their dining set consisting of a solid wood rectangle table with leaf and 4 chairs. The asking price was $200. Looking at the pictures, it looked like a really nice dining set! The seller said they had originally bought it at Haverty's for $800.

I started communicating with Keri, the seller, and come to find out that they never used the set until a few months ago!! It's virtually brand new. Suppressing my excitement, I kindly and gently asked if the price was negotiable or firm. She said she would take it for $175!! I was so excited!! I went right after work yesterday to her [really nice] neighborhood and talked with her for a while. Her family was getting ready to expect their 3 child and needed to make room. What an incredibly nice woman!

With that said, we are picking up our new dining set tomorrow morning! I would post pictures of it, but the CL ad was already taken off. But, I will make sure I take pictures and post soon! I have plans for this table eventually. But it is nice the way it is for now. :-)

Also! The other day I also bought a nice wooden drafting table on CL for $25! You can't beat that price! Since I have been seriously considering going back and getting my Interior Design degree, I think it would be a perfect addition to my office. :)

Have a Happy Friday, Ya'll!!

Carpe Diem,

No comments: