Thursday, June 9, 2011

First Project: The Office

I am SUPER excited about my first ever project in the house: The Office. I was lucky enough to receive 2 FREE metal desks that someone needed to get rid of. Obviously I jumped on that! Over the past several weeks when I have had time, I worked on the desk. That's right, just one of them. Since this is my first project, I wasn't sure of what direction I wanted to go with it. I had a general idea. With several hours of taping, painting, taping, and some more painting, here is the desk [almost] finished:

Before:

 After:
I still need to retouch the granite gray color and put the handles back on. I am still deciding whether or not I want to paint the handles the gray or leave the shiny silver. Any thoughts?

Also, something I am really excited about is the paint color I picked for the room. It took me forever to pick something out that I liked. With the help of Sherwin Williams online painting tool, I got to see what it will look like with the paint color I picked out! It's called "Swanky Gray." It is a purple-ish gray. LOVE IT!

Sherwin Williams "Swanky Gray"


I plan to paint the room tomorrow/Saturday, so hopefully I can finish the desk and have it in there with it painted! I will post pics of this final step. :)

Thanks,

No comments: