Wednesday, March 23, 2011

On a Mission

A couple of weeks ago I had gotten some blood work done to test my blood sugar, TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone), and my A1C. The results came back last week and my TSH is 2 points from being considered Hyperthyroidism. So I am on the high side of normal. My blood sugar was pretty high, not nearly as high as the last time they tested it in September 2009, but it still is quite high for my age. I am pretty much borderline diabetic. Upon further discussion, they thought it would be best for me to get a PCP (Primary Care Physician) and talk with them about how to treat it and to see if I will need more tests.

When I originally talked with the PRN, she explained that the thyroid affects everything. This would explain my frequent fatigue and trouble losing weight...and gaining weight for that matter! I also even read that chiropractic visits can help with the thyroid acting up. I need to go anyway.... But I think if Ican get this under control, it will really help me and get back to normal.

But in the meantime, I have pretty much gone "gung ho'" with my diet and exercise. I do feel better, which is good. I have been eating decent proportional size meals/snacks and have excercised already twice this week for 30 minutes. I even ran on the treadmill for 2 minutes! Thats a pretty big deal for me. I hope to be able to do intervals of running/walking. One day I will run a 5K and a Marathon.

The most important thing to me is to be healthy. Yes, I want to be thin and toned. That is just the icing on the cake with choosing to be healthy. I want to be healthy when we start to have a family. Being able to watch Biggest Loser is such awesome motivation. I love that show!

I have set up my doctor appointment for next Wednesday. I will keep ya'll posted.

Blessings!
Abby

No comments: